NHS Hosts Blood Drive
NHS will be hosting a blood drive on Tuesday, January 15, 2019, from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm in the Middle School Commons. You can help save a life!
You don't need a special reason to give blood. You just need your own reason.
- Some of us give blood because we were asked by a friend.
- Some know that a family member or a friend might need blood some day.
- Some believe it is the right thing to do.
- Some do it for the free cookies and juice.
Everyone enjoys the great feeling of helping save lives!
Here are some things the American Red Cross wants you to remember before you donate:
- Be in good general health and feeling well.
- Be at least 17 years old in most states (16 years old with parental consent in some states).
- Weigh at least 110 pounds. Additional weight requirements apply for donors 18 years old and younger and all high school donors.
- Have not donated blood in the last 56 days.
- Be sure to get a good night's sleep the night before
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Eat foods rich in iron