Putnam County Elementary Counselor
Mrs. Diane McClain
801 S. 20th Street
Unionville, Missouri 63565
660-947-3361 ext. 329
Why do we have an elementary counselor?
• Children are growing up in an ever-changing world with an increasing number of choices. Preventative services can be beneficial.
• Helping children become productive citizens, and feel a sense of self-worth and belonging.
• Assisting children to learn effective ways to deal with conc3erns, feelings and how to maintain healthy relationships.
What does a school counselor do?
• Personal Social Development
• Classroom Guidance Instruction
• Individual & Small Group Counseling
• Academic Development
• School Test Coordinator
• Career Development Instruction
• Meet with Parents & Students
• Implement Bully Prevention Programs
• Conflict Resolution
• Character Education
• Coordinate Services with Local Agencies & School Based Social Worker
• Help children cope with stress, family crisis, divorce, death or serious illness
• Parents, Teachers, Principal & Students may refer to the counselor
• Call, stop by or email counselor to make a referral
Parent Advisory Committee
• Twice a year the Counselor-Parent Advisory Committee meets
• Please let the counselor know if you would like to be on the committee
“Creating opportunities through quality education."