UHS/PCHS Alumni Scholarship 2021: Now Accepting Applications.
The UHS/PCHS Alumni Scholarship information has been released. Click on the application and guidelines below for more information and to apply.
2021 Alumni Scholarship Application (Google Doc)
Guidelines for 2021 Alumni Scholarship (Google Doc)
Guidelines for 2021 Alumni Scholarships
UHS/PCHS Alumni Association
The following guidelines are applicable to the alumni scholarships to be awarded in 2020. The guidelines are subject to change for future scholarships.
1. Number and Amount. A minimum of two scholarships of $500 each will be offered for 2021.
2. Calendar of Events. Completed application forms must be completed and returned to the Scholarship Committee by August 6, 2021. The Scholarship Committee will review the applications and make its recommendations to the Alumni Association Board by August 21, 2021. The Alumni Board will select the scholarship awardees, and the scholarship recipients will be announced shortly after their selection.
3. Type of Scholarships. The undergraduate scholarships will be academic scholarships for upper-level college students (junior or senior standing), who are graduates of Putnam County High School, and whose records show a strong potential for successful careers.
4. Eligibility. Applicants must have graduated from PCHS, successfully completed two years of college or university course work toward the pursuit of an academic degree, and be enrolled in, or committed to attend, a college or university for the 2021-22 academic year.
5. Application Requirements. Applicants must complete and submit the application form prescribed by the alumni board and submit the
required documents listed on the application form.
6. Preferences. In addition to the requirement for a strong potential for successful careers, preference will be accorded to students who have demonstrated a commitment to public service and who exhibit an interest in helping their local communities.
7. One-time Award. Recipients of the alumni scholarships will not be eligible for such scholarships in future years.